We at M & S Dry Cleaning Company have taken the conscious decision over a decade ago to reduce our carbon footprint, continually working hard in this endeavour. Today we are recognised by our industry peers, and on the high street, as a market leader in this ethos, and are proud that every day we are working towards this goal on being ‘the greener dry cleaner’.
Simply using our professional service over home washing means significantly less water and energy are used per pound of cleaning.
Customers can also help us recycle by donating their old hangers, which are then re-used at our central processing unit.
But our environmental commitment doesn’t stop there. We have a number of measures in place to minimise our carbon footprint and ensure we offer a greener service:
- We recycle 100% of our dry cleaning solvents
- We recycle 100% of our dry cleaning waste water
- We recycle 100% of our cardboard packaging waste
- We recycle 100% of our steam heating for our production units
- We source biodegradable plastics
- We use environmentally friendly wet-cleaning technology
- All our detergents are phosphate free
- All our dry cleaning machines use heat pump technology to help generate energy savings
- We optimise machine configurations to use the least amount of energy, steam and water necessary
- Our van fleet uses the latest clean-burn diesel engine technology
- We recycle hangers and packaging plastics